Day 3: Nate but Lever

This day was rather packed, but essentially it boils down to the following activities and other nonsense.
What matters is that I now know the following:

- MSE 220 is going to be a relatively painless class in the outer regions of what I do, but it is going to be difficult because it is a reimagining of a subject I hold near and dear to my heart: Chemistry. From situations where I am not allowed to use the term "London Dispersion Forces" and "Dipole-Dipole Interactions" to needing a more physical understanding of the universe, this class will stretch my reasoning skills into a dimension I generally do not touch: real, practical experience. Hopefully I can keep my cool and ensure everything goes well here.

- MTH 217 is going to be a slog. I just came back from 2+ hours of handwritten work, and I think that I'll need to transition to using Overleaf soon, as otherwise I will be unable to write and be unable to effectively translate my work well, especially as typing my work will help me develop my LaTex skills and ensure I can get assignments done on a faster timescale, eventually.

- MTH 316 is going to be a lot more pleasant than what I first thought about it. I used to be more concerned about it, but now I think I'll be able to fly through so long as I do the homework each night and get used to the grind, as there is just a lot of ground to cover here and I do not have a lot of time to cover it.

So - what did I actually learn in my long day? More or less, just the same old same old:

MTH 217: Systems of equations can be placed into what is known as "row-echelon" form, which obeys the conditions I have written previously elsewhere. Putting equations into reduced row echelon form is a way by which I can understand a lot of new information about a particular system. Logical arguments exist and they are Lazlo all the way, so I need to be a bit less terse in my argumentation here so the formalists cannot kill me.

MSE 220: Bonding exists, but bonds can have characteristics of multiple bonds. Directional bonding is bonding that is localized to a single direction, so you'll have definite bond angles and, thus, definite structures for molecules, allowing us to have interesting secondary bonding. Non-directional bonding is the opposite, as generally then bonds with this won't experience much of the effects of secondary bonds. Additionally, while secondary bonds are weak, they are better than nothing, and thus will have influences on how materials behave macroscopically.

MTH 316:  We just did integrating factors. If you wish to solve an equation of the form y' + p(t) y = q(t), multiply both sides by e^ integral(p(t) dt) and you get d/dt ( y e^ integral(p(t)) = e^(int(p(t)) q(t), which we can then (easily) integrate both sides and solve to win.

Now for some much needed rest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 37 (of Blogging): Back to the new normal.

Day 33: A weird day.

Day 36: Emotional Drainage