Day 1 of S2 - Thoughts of Classes and on Init. Workload

Now that most of my classes have started, I wanted to put some initial thoughts up as to how I might like it, to see if my ideas about a course will improve or lower depending on the timeframe:

Math 217: Overall not impressed by it and its difficulty. Unsure of how much the teacher works with me, but I'll roll with it until I figure out why I am having trouble understanding him, especially as I know the material more or less. My main goal for this class will be to do the work before anyone else so I don't have to sweat before each class, as 12 hours a week is a bit insane for a 4 credit class, especially when its outside of classwork we're talking about

MSE 220: Cover of "Ahhh" Magazine. I did not realize the type of teacher I have now, but I am going to have to pay attention and move to quickly learn and grow, as he is quite strict yet rational about his grading and, as long as I pay attention, I should be alright. Hopefully. Mainly I need to ensure my note taking materials work with him, as I would rather not carry around an extra notebook just for a class when it handles everything else efficiently

Math 316: Again, I was rather surprised by it. I forgot lectures could actually progress through content really quickly when they liked to, thought it seems that I am unable to pick up what the GSI puts down every now and then. I'll have to read the textbook and use that to learn instead, as I doubt the class will do much more besides that.

EECS 280: I … hope this class is good. It's what I wanted in a class ( actual cpp programming without any extraneous circumstances ), and so I just need to roll around and see how my teacher works and if his style is best for me. If not, then I guess I'll be doing a lot of self-learning for this class, as it's just practical programming for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 37 (of Blogging): Back to the new normal.

Day 33: A weird day.

Day 36: Emotional Drainage