Day 14: Revelations

Ok. Turns out I have been doing quite a few things rather stupidly, and so I am going to pay for my insolence a little bit. Overall, here are how classes are going:

Mth 217: Same old, same old. Nothing really happened here, except Pf. Ashley seemed to state, at first, that infinite vector spaces are not vector spaces for this course, which is obviously not true as the later examples in the worksheet assumed that it would be so.

MSE 220: We covered crystal defects today, and in particular Burgers vectors. Was really worth my time, and I believe I will be able to tackle the homework better now.

Mth 316: This is the first of my errors. I … did a dumb and did not pay my due respects to doing work before the exam. I should be alright to get an A or A-, but I need to not be careless and get used to solving many, many, differential equations. In fact, it might be helpful to actually do some work and create notecards for this class, as I think otherwise I might fail to meet my own expectations.

EECS280: Did not attend, as we simply covered arrays and indexing. Got a 94% on P1, which is not terrible, but I need to work harder to prevent further loss in my grade, as the semester has already started and I feel like I might need to focus on learning content far more than what I have done previously. I am feeling the stretch rn.

Perch: I think I should not work outside of the work sessions for the time being. While it is helpful, I lose so much time that I could spend studying or working on more important stuff for my life as of now. Especially as I now understand React's CSS stuff and inheritance a bit better, courtesy of BB's favorite book.

So yeah - I need to stop focusing on ECs and re-focus on my own work, as school is much more important than anything else I will do this year, as I need scholarships and good GPA for grad school.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 37 (of Blogging): Back to the new normal.

Day 33: A weird day.

Day 36: Emotional Drainage